Proper steps of hand washing ensure complete hand hygiene. Effective hand washing steps are those which involve the use of best antibacterial liquid hand wash or antibacterial liquid soap rubbed thoroughly against palm, wrist and fingers. However, there have been many advises on correct hand washing steps but the basic steps of washing hands remain almost same.
Hand hygiene washing steps play an important role in preventing infections and illnesses such as colds, flu, and food poisoning. When it comes to washing your hands correctly, various factors need to be considered.
What are the 5 steps to washing your hands?
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with antibacterial hand wash or antibacterial hand soap. IT is your own choice always. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails with one of your favorite antibacterial wash.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds to produce a rich lather across fingers, palm and wrist.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running tap water.
- Pat dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them. If using disposable napkins, discard them immediately after drying your hands.
When you should be washing your hands step by step
These are some instances when you should immediately practice basic steps to hand wash such as:
- When dirt, blood, body fluids, or any other contamination is visible on your hands
- After using a restroom
- Before and after meals (3)
- Before feeding children, the ill, or the elderly
- Before inserting or removing contact lenses
- After coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- Before handling any food item that is consumed raw or uncooked meat and poultry
- Before, during, and after preparing meals
- Before and after assisting someone with diarrhea or vomiting
- Before and after treating a wound or cut
- After coming in contact with an animal, its waste, or its feed
- After handling waste or working in the garden
- When visiting any public space, including places of worship, public transport, grocery stores, and markets
- After touching any surface outside the home
- After handling money
- After smoking
- When entering and leaving a clinic, hospital, or any healthcare facility
Cleaning your hands by following steps to wash your hands properly will keep you stay healthy and free of germs as most of the germs are transmitted through hands. There are many antibacterial washing liquid and soap suppliers so you can choose and buy best antibacterial hand wash online as well as in the market.